It’s Capital Document Solutions’s mid-year charity round-up! 2018 has already been such a productive and promising year for ‘Charity Document Solutions’.
Springing to action
- 20th April: April began in style as Highland Office Equipment, part of the Capital group, attended a “Dinner with the Stars” charity event. The night featured presenter Hardeep Singh Kohli and was in support of Birchwood Highland, who promote independence, inclusion and recovery for people experiencing mental ill health.
- 26th April: At The Cornerstone Foundation’s 15th Annual Dinner Charity Document Solutions helped raise a whopping £25,000! The funds raised will transform the lives of people with life challenging conditions.
- 29th April: Capital was delighted to sponsor Linlithgow Reed Band, Training Band and Beginners’ Band at ESMS’s Spring Concert at Linlithgow Academy Theatre.
Yes we May!
- 2nd May: We kicked off this month at the Glasgow Warriors Awards Dinner when we sponsored and also presented an award to Matt Fagerson for Most Improved Player of the Season.
- 5th May: HOE was delighted to have been able to lend a van to Strathconon Charity Cycle. The van was used to transport bikes and also provide emergency support. The energetic event raised funds for a community hall, Marybank Hall.
- 1st June: Capital staff wore red for “Wear it. Beat it.”. In addition, a quiz night was held in our Edinburgh workshop! We raised nearly £400 for two charities – The British Heart Foundation Scotland and Cancer Research.
- Also on 1st June: Our Meter Billing Administrator’s daughter raised £63 towards her Guide trip by supplying staff with breakfast rolls!
- 8th June: We were delighted to have supported the third High School of Glasgow‘s Charity Golf Day that raised £5885.05 for their Bursary Fund!
- 23rd June: Our team from Capital took part in the Rob Roy Challenge to raise money for HorseBack UK. Capital staff went walking, running and also cycling through the Perthshire hills. As part of a larger team they raised £5,535. HorseBack UK uses horsemanship to inspire recovery, self esteem and provide purpose for wounded, injured and sick, from the military. Read all about it in our blog.
- Also on 23rd June: Our IT Field Service Engineer, Colin MacLeod tackled 50-mile duathlon Highland Cross on 23rd June, helping raise money for a plethora of charities. Read our blog for more.
- 24th June: Our HR Adviser, Sarah Shewan, completed a 10K run for Race For Life and also raised over £700 for Cancer Research!
- 25th June: Inverness High School secured £3000 for charity Pets as Therapy. As a Youth Philanthropy Initiative (YPI) Community Partner, HOE and Capital have been proud supporters of the YPI Scotland Initiative.
It’s heating up!
- April, May & July: Champion, Charlie Murphy, our Section Leader, raised funds for CLIC Sargent and Jak’s Den, a cancer care for children charities. He had a very successful time, completing the 5K, the 10K and also the half marathon. Charlie also completed his own challenge – running from Edinburgh’s sick children’s hospital to Jak’s Den in Livingston. You can still sponsor Charlie by visiting his fundraising page.
What a fantastic year it has been already for Charity Document Solutions and Capital’s charity fundraising…
Congratulations, everyone! So keep an eye on our Twitter page to see what else ‘Charity Document Solutions’ get up to as the year progresses!