We hope you are having a successful 2018. Welcome back as we continue with our new year document solutions resolutions series.
Capital is keen to help you with any improvements you may feel you want. We’ll do our best to cater to your needs.
We have considered seven resolutions that we often want to make this time of year, and how we can help you.
Resolution 5: Spend more time with your friends and family
Finding a suitable balance between work and daily living is a challenge that all workers face, but with technology becoming increasingly mobile, there are ways of spending more time at home, without worrying so much about the office.
We offer mobile printing, which supports document printing from virtually any device – smartphone, iPad, tablet, laptop – even when guests aren’t set up on your network.
How does mobile printing work?
- Via app – these apps are often specific to a printer manufactures and usually the mobile device is connecting directly to the printer/multifunctional device (MFD), although some apps can be routed via Print Management Software.
- By email – a range of Print Management Software packages enable an email address to be assigned to a particular printer/MFD. When you send an email to the email address, the print job is completed.
- Via webpage – Print Management Software packages can also mean you can upload the document they you to print, or download (from the webpage) a customised driver to enable guest printing from your mobile device.
Whatever method, we have the expertise and also the local presence to help you get the most from your devices. Contact us to let us help you with you document needs.
Resolution 6: Take better care of the environment
The latest data on the UK’s carbon dioxide (CO2) footprint shows a continuation of the decrease in carbon dioxide emissions* – let’s keep it that way.
When you’re with Capital, you know that you’re with a company that takes environmental responsibility very seriously. We’re also proud that all of our branches have the Environmental Accreditation BS EN ISO 14001.
We have specific policies on waste reduction, recycling and only supply Energy Saving equipment. Therefore, you can be assured you are dealing with one of the most environmentally committed firms in the industry.
What we do:
- Energy Star Dealer – we only promote accredited products, and we customise energy saving features in line with your energy saving objectives.
- Waste packaging – we recycle all waste packaging and compact waste to reduce our environmental impact.
- End-of-life products – low mileage devices are fully refurbished in our extensive workshops and re-sold. High mileage devices are either sold for re-use within the industry or our Recycling Centre strips these devices for re-use of individual components. Any remaining elements are recycled.
- Our environmental brands – recycling is integral to our suppliers. They offer facilities for clients to return toner cartridges directly to them to be to be reused or recycled. Also they design products in a manner which minimises their environmental impact. They promote extensive programmes of environmental management based on pollution prevention and control, energy conservation and waste reduction, reuse and also recycling.
- Parts recycling – our Field Engineers remove used/replaced service items for return to our Recycling Centre. Defective parts are returned to manufacturers for recycling.
- Helping you reduce your carbon footprint – we can make your devices run more efficiently and using print management software we can significantly reduce document wastage.
Have a look at our accreditations for more information.
Resolution 7: Feel more secure
Last, but by no means least, security is an issue that must constantly be addressed. GDPR rolls out on 25th May 2018, and nine out of 10 firms are still not ready. With the digital age ushering in a world of rapidly growing communications, the risk of serious damage from security breaches is rising dramatically.
GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation. It’s the new EU-wide data protection legislation that will replace the 1998 Data Protection Act. It ushers in a new regime for the protection of personal information.
Before May 2018, many organisations will need to invest heavily in systems to ensure they will be compliant. We are experts in data, document and device security. We can review your information processes and also improve your data security and efficiency.
Call us on 0800 844 744 or book a visit to find out more about how we can help.
Know your your devices’ weak spots, which are:
- Output tray – think about how many confidential documents you see on a daily basis lying unclaimed at the printer? To eradicate this, the simplest solution is to ensure that users authenticate themselves at the device so that the document can be released securely and confidentially.
- Hard disk – printers and MFDs are capable of storing files sent to print on a hard disk. When these printers and MFDs leave your business and are returned at the end of a lease, it could leave with a drive full of your company’s confidential information. The solution is to ensure your hard disk drives are encrypted, erased or removed.
- Network – it’s surprisingly easy to intercept print jobs as they travel across your company network to the printer or MFD. Be sure to encrypt all print jobs sent over your network.
- Fleet control – actively assessing, managing and auditing print security across your entire printing environment takes time and know-how. The best solution is to continuously audit your print environment. If you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. Fleet management software is ideal for this task as you can manage your entire fleet from a single PC.
Many of our clients use intelligent Print Management Software to help them secure their confidential documents. These software solutions are often referred to as “Pull” or “Follow-Me” Printing. Not only are they good at enhancing security, they are also ideal for reducing print costs by sometimes as much as 30%.
For a chilling bite of reality and an account of just how easy it is to overlook document security, have a look at HP‘s The Wolf in action:
*From Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs