The history of Capital Copiers
- Capital Copiers was founded in 1979 by owner Tom Flockhart. From a small Edinburgh office we supplied photocopiers and typewriters.
- We relocated in 1988 to much larger premises in McDonald Road, Edinburgh – our headquarters today.
- In 1989 Capital Copiers opened the original Glasgow branch.
- 1993 saw Capital awarded the Quality Accreditation BS EN ISO 9001:2000. Also that was the year we added Ricoh products to our portfolio.
- In 2000 we became a more digital and IT solutions company. Also we changed our trading name to Capital Solutions to reflect our product development.
- 2005 saw Capital awarded the Environmental Management Accreditation BS EN ISO 14001:2000, which is now maintained across all branches.
- In 2006 we continued to expand opening offices at Grampian House in Aberdeen. Also that year our Glasgow staff moved to new premises at Centurion Business Park.
- In 2009, after a stringent tendering process, Capital was appointed on The Scottish Procurement Framework Agreement. We are the only Scottish independent supplier. Since the commencement of the Framework, we have secured many sizeable contracts.
- Also in 2009 Capital acquired West End Business Systems of Aberdeen.
- In addition, we added Konica Minolta and HP product ranges to our portfolio that year.
- 2010 saw Capital acquire a presence in Lerwick with the purchase of the base of Shetland Office Supplies.
- In 2012 Capital Solutions became Capital Document Solutions to reflect the further development of our product portfolio. Also that year we opened our Dundee office.
- 2013 saw Capital acquire Highland Office Equipment. This was part of our continued growth plan. Also we were re-appointed supplier on the Scottish Government’s National Framework Agreement for Office Equipment.
- In 2016 Capital became a supplier of the renowned MakerBot 3D printer range.
- Finally, in 2017 Capital embarked on an exciting partnership with Canon.
Still Scottish owned, with a Scottish heart, we now employ over 200 employees – all dedicated to serving our Scottish clients.