The Edinburgh Climate Compact is an ambitious collaboration between Edinburgh businesses to accelerate climate action in the city.
On January 19th they are hosting an event at the EICC, where speakers will discuss how we can all contribute to Edinburgh becoming a greener, healthier city. Capital will be attending so to find out more and register to join us visit https://www.eicc.co.uk/whats-on/eicc-live-climate-action/.
Hosted by the EICC, one of the Compact’s founding members, the event is for both members and non-members, for businesses and for people interested in supporting climate action in Edinburgh.
You will have the opportunity to meet the Compact members and find out how they are benefiting from being part of it. The event will also provide the chance to:
- Understand the commitments Compact members have made, and why they’ve made them
- Share knowledge and insights on actions towards net zero and to embed sustainability across businesses and communities
- Learn about the work that city partners and stakeholders are doing, and the opportunities to collaborate on projects, programmes and investment
- Find out about the city’s sustainability plans and the transition to a zero carbon economy in Edinburgh, as well as the opportunities for businesses and communities
- Hear how other local organisations are already benefiting from taking positive climate action
Edinburgh has set ambitious targets for net zero by 2030, which will affect how we live, work and do business across the city, and to which everyone in the city needs to contribute. Come along to the EICC in January to find out how Edinburgh businesses are taking action on climate and how you can contribute and get involved.
UPDATE 25.1.23 – Please see a video from the event here.
We have joined a number of leading private and public sector organisations in signing up to a series of decarbonisation commitments as part of the Edinburgh Climate Compact to support the city’s ambition to reach net zero by 2030. Other signatories include the EICC, Scottish Parliament, Shepherd & Wedderburn, NHS Lothian, Edinburgh Airport, Robertson Group, The City of Edinburgh Council, Edinburgh College, The University of Edinburgh and the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society.
We have appointed “champions” to lead the way towards becoming “net zero” and will be integrating sustainability considerations into all of our business decisions. We will report our greenhouse gas emissions and progress against our net zero target annually using the Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Reporting Standard methodology.
Find out more about the event and sign up to join us at https://www.eicc.co.uk/whats-on/eicc-live-climate-action/.